Monday, July 2, 2012

Prep Work For Fundraising Letters

Two days after my first post I spent the entire day working extremely hard. My boyfriend's mom, Estée, gave me a copy of her fundraising letter, so I revised and edited it to be my own.
Well, actually I made two versions of it and am working on a third. I have divided all the people to whom it will be sent into one of three groups, and each group has a letter specifically tailored towards them, plus each letter is also personalized. It was an enormous amount of work, but that is not all I did.

Earlier in the week I had compiled a list of over 30 people to whom I wanted to send the letter. Since I don't even own a phone book--handwritten or official--I went to whitepages.com and started looking each individual up and copying their address down with a half-broken pen onto envelopes, writing my return address, and stamping them, then sorting the envelope into the right stack.

Needless to say, it was labor intensive. I hand addressed 35 envelopes, stamped them all, wrote up two versions of the letter, sorted everything, and headed over to the boyfriend's house to use their printer. That was fun. Kind of. I had to personalize every letter to the recipient before printing it out. I ended up printing out, folding, stuffing and mailing about 25 letters that day and still have not gotten around (5 days later) to printing out the 10 others, sending them, and finding addresses for the additional 20 people that I have on my list, but I will do that later today after I get some sleep, promise!


 In the meanwhile, I also helped a friend handwrite addresses onto dozens of envelopes for her wedding invitations, stuffed a few hundred fundraising letters for OAMC, and generally ran around busily. It has been a productive week! I even had time to make Banana-Raspberry bread & muffins. They were delicious.

My main stress right now is that I need to have about 2k raised within about a week in order to get a plane ticket in time. Scary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment